Pages

Welcome to the Knight Family blog! I started this blog years ago, and I'm trying to do a better job at keeping it up! I post pictures and write short updates here and there to keep family and friends updated on what's happening in our lives. Sign up to "Follow by Email" and you will get automatic updates, or come visit when you have a chance!

October 13, 2013

Back to Blogging!

It's been a while since I have posted! My excuse is that I started working again. :)  There was a part time teaching position open at the kids' school, and I decided to go for it!  It was all pretty sudden...I found out about the position on a Friday afternoon and by Monday I was hired and off to work with the rest of the teachers for the staff's first week back to school!  It was a scramble to get supplies and curriculum ready and to get the room set up before the first day of school, but thanks to the help of many teachers, I was ready!
I'm teaching Jr Kindergarten where the children are old enough for kindergarten but not quite ready yet! Our kids love that I am working at their school, and it's very nice to work in an environment where staff and parents pray for each other and where I can teach my students about God and His Word. It's made life at home a lot busier, so hopefully I will develop a good balance between work and home before the end of the school year!  

In other news, the kids are doing great in school (Kindergarten and 3rd Grade---ahhhhhh!) and Stetson is continuing to do well at work and gain more and more experience in the company!  Haidyn just lost her 6th tooth and looks so cute with 2 top teeth missing; Kealon will be starting soccer again in November with the league here in our new neighborhood.  We are fortunate to have my parents here in FL and they were able to come to the school for the kids' Grandparents' Day Celebration and then we headed to the beach!  We also had a fun weekend with them at a state park while Stetson was away.  (SEE PICTURES!)  We wish our Knight grandparents lived closer, but we enjoy every moment we get to spend with them, too. 

Stetson just returned from a mission trip to Haiti with our church.  Our church supports a group called Welcome Home Haiti.  Stetson was able to participate in building a home for a family in need!  It was a great experience.  I'll also be going to help with a second home in November.  (SEE NEXT POST)

Enjoy the pictures!  I'll try to be more on top of the blog posting!  

Grandparents' Day 2013

Look what I found, Mom!  Kealon spotted lots of fish and even a sting ray!

Silly girl in the tub

Trip to Homosassa Springs State Park

Checking out the manatees! FL is so pretty!  

One of the manatees checking US out!  

Rock climbing

Haidyn almost made it to the top!  

Going for a swim with Pop

Love that cute face!



No comments:

Post a Comment